The Community Centre is available for one-off private bookings on the following days:
- Friday evening
- Saturday all day
- Sunday afternoon
- Wednesday afternoon
Most bookings are for the hall, but some people hire just the meeting room (only £6 per hour). Please check the calendar for availability and contact us by email or telephone. If you contact us by email, please include your telephone number.
- 07527 617670 (Bookings Secretary)
Once you have a provisional booking, please read the conditions of hire, complete the booking form and return it to the Bookings Secretary with your deposit and hire fee. If you book more than two months in advance, you can send just the deposit and we will invoice you for the hire fee. We accept payment by cash, cheque (made payable to ‘Radbrook Community Association’) or bank transfer. Bookings made less than three weeks before an event must be paid in cash.
Provisional bookings are held for two weeks. If you decide not to go ahead, please let us know so that we may offer the time slot to someone else.
If you’ like to hire the hall or meeting room on a regular basis, please contact the Bookings Secretary.
Main hall Beechwood floor suitable for dancing (no stiletto heels, please). Capacity depends on event type. (L x W x H): 15.9 m x 10 m x 3.9 m (52' x 32.8' x 12.8'). Meeting room Smaller, carpeted room suitable for up to 30 people seated (up to 17 people with tables). (L x W x H): 6.2 m x 4.5 m x 2.8 m (20.3' x 14.7' x 9.2'). Kitchen Electric cooker, fridge, kettles, microwave oven, water heater and crockery and cutlery for up to 100 people. Chairs 150 Tables 25 regular: 119.5 x 59.5 cm (47" x 23")
6 folding: 190 x 68.5 cm (75" x 27")
2 folding: 121 x 68.5 cm (48" x 27")
8 children's folding: 121 x 61 cm (48" x 24")
Bar With premises licence for entertainment and alcohol. Hirers are allowed to supply their own alcohol provided it is not sold. Parking 34 parking spaces, including 2 disabled spaces. Disabled facilities Disabled parking, access and toilet facilities. Hearing loop in the meeting room.
- The Community Centre does not have a telephone (please use your mobile).
- The Community Centre does not offer Internet access (please use your smartphone, tablet (iPad 3G, etc) or laptop with mi-fi dongle. RCA provides no equipment and no guarantee of performance).
- Smoking in the Community Centre is strictly forbidden.
Children's Party (up to age 10) - 3 hours, includes full use of kitchen £40 plus £20 deposit
(£6 per additional 1/2 hour, which must be requested at time of booking)
Young Person's Party (ages 11 to 17) £12/hour plus £20 deposit. Extras: tea and coffee making facilities £3, or full use of kitchen £10.
At lest one adult per 10 young people required to keep exits clear and regularly check toilets.
Wednesday Hall - 1pm to 5.15pm £8/hour plus £20 deposit. Extras: tea and coffee making facilities £3, or full use of kitchen £10. Function: Friday evening from 6pm, Saturday from 9am, Sunday afternoon from 1.30pm - all until 11.30pm (bar can be provided) £12/hour plus £20/£50 deposit. Extras: tea and coffee making facilities £3, or full use of kitchen £10. Function to Midnight - 6pm to midnight, includes full use of kitchen £100 plus £50 deposit Meeting Room - 9am to 11.30pm any day £6/hour
- Optional extras (per booking): tea and coffee making facilities £3, or full use of kitchen £10.
- All fees must be paid in full two weeks before the event.
- All bookings are calculated from the time you enter the building to the time you leave, which means including the time you need for setting up and clearing way.
- The caretaker will take care of opening and locking up the Centre.
- The Committee rely on the support of the whole community to keep the hall to a high standard for those who use it.
Most bookings require a £20 deposit. Events with alcohol (bar or hirers own alcohol) or any function that finishes at midnight, however, requires a £50 deposit. The deposit will be refunded, by cheque, after the event so long as you leave on time and there is no damage or additional cleaning required. Hirers are requested to leave the hall as they found it. If a booking is cancelled a month or more beforehand, the deposit and hire fee will be returned. If less than a month before, the deposit will be returned but not the hire fee.
Getting out the tables and chairs
- Use the trolley to remove any chairs in front of the tables (typically less than 20).
- Take out the tables you need. Use two people to carry each table.
- Use the trolley to take out the chairs you need.
Putting away the tables and chairs
- Use a dishcloth to clean the tables that you used.
- Put the tables away first. Use two people to carry each table.
- Use the trolley to put the chairs away in stacks of five.